Readers of this here blog, you know what’s good? Some cookies.
You know what’s good? Some cookies with like, a whole bunch of shit in them.
You know what’s good? Some cookies with a whole bunch of shit in them that your friends help you make and eat.
Other things that are good include: burritos, the color blue, like some classical piano every once in a while when you’re in the mood?, a grove of trees that’s really shady and cool, and also peonies are quite nice. Right?
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
from Martha Stewart’s Cookies
3 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (i’d increase to a cup, y’all)
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups salted whole peanuts
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Put sugars, butter, and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
3. Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture, and mix until just combined. Mix in peanuts and chocolate chips.
4. Using a 1 1/2-in ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.